Home organizing tip #1 has to do with the dreaded daily mail. As you know, being a catholic homeschooling mother places a lot of demands on your time and brain power. One thing that I have found that can be overwhelming for some people is the build-up of mail that occurs when you don't deal with it the day it comes into your home. Talk about something that can get out of hand fast! If we let it, those catalogs and magazines will multiply right before our eyes.
If you have this problem, then here are some ideas that I have found are effective in helping me to keep control of my mail.
1. I make it a rule to deal with my mail before dinner every day. I immediately toss out any junk mail, fliers and catalogs that I know I will not look at.
2. I open up all my bills and file them in a cubby I have in the order in which they will come due.
3. Any mail for my husband goes on his desk in his office. It then becomes his to deal with!
4. I have a bin on my desk where I put any miscellaneous papers that need to be filed in my file cabinet.
5. Any magazines or catalogs that I know I want to read or look at go into a basket next to my chair in the family room.
6. If there are things that others might be interested in reading, I place them on the counter for awhile. Since I am not one who likes to see things lying around, if it hasn't been moved in a few days, I usually toss it.
I find that if the mail piles up for even a few days, it is much harder to deal with. Don't let that happen to you! Sort through your mail every day.
Again, it takes a lot to keep a home running smoothly. Your time is precious and you should try to routinize as much of your day as possible. Keep your eyes open for as many home organizing tips as you can. Try them out and see which ones work for you.